Thursday, August 25, 2011

Summer fun!

Dallen is the best daddy!
One of my very most favorite times of year is Summer, I love all the fun exciting things that you can do when the weather is good. Dallen and I are both very outdoorsy people so with that being said we like the weather to be nice and sunny! This summer was one for the record books! Not only did we have our sweet little Remington(who came with his own set of adventures that I don't think we are soon to forget) but we enjoyed many days out at the pool, fishing, riding the rhino, bbq's with family and we can not forget my ultimate favorite the FORTH OF JULY! So with an effort to hold on to the summer I thought I would recap all the fun we have had!
Lots of fireworks!
 Once Remington was home and doing well the party really began, we started off the summer with the BEST parade anywhere(the Riverton parade) and a Butterfield family bbq(also one of my personal favorites)! The forth of July weekend is right up there with Christmas for me! I just cant get enough of the fireworks, family bbq's and carnivals! Although both Dallen and I were a little disappointed in the Riverton carnival this year! I was a big fan of the fireworks and it was all Dallen could do to keep me from buying every firework known to man kind! Needless to say we had some really good firework shows this year! I enjoyed showing of some of my ultimate dance moves for family and little do they know that was the most I had laughed in weeks. I dont think they really know just how much it meant to me that they could bring out my silly side! I love you guys!
Ready for some sun!
 Then all the pool parties began, with the pool located in Dallen's parents backyard it is a hot commodity for the summer adventures. I truly enjoyed getting to know some of Dallen's family that I had yet to really be around! Remington was introduced to the pool and he LOVES the water, before we know it he will be doing the breast stroke!
My mom, sister and I
 I had lots of time to spend with my sister and mom(who always know how to make me smile) its amazing just how close the three of us really are! My sister is probably the best friend I have without her example I don't know how I would have been ready to be a mommy! Kayson(my nephew) is truly in love with Remington he is always telling me how to raise him! He thinks he knows more about babies then I do...he is probably right! The other day I was changing Remington's diaper and Kays told me "Whitty when the diaper gets big like that you need to change it...that means its pee soaked!" He is such a five year old!  Corbin(My other nephew) is not really sure how to take Remington he is just started to warm up to him but this took time because he now has to share his whitty! After Remington was born he kept telling me he did not know me! I think he was a little jealous of the baby. I think that my sister is truly loving being an auntie to Remington. It's always easier to spoil and send home when they get fussy!
Kylee, Dallen and Teegan at Silver lake!
 We went to Silver lake again this year for Dallens birthday! He managed to not break his back this year which is a plus. Dallen and Hugh both caught a few fish and Trevor managed to get his warms taken by some crazy people. Jen caught her very first fish, I was super excited for her, she was a trooper stayed on that rode all day! I thought it would be a great idea to take ice cream....don't know what I was really thinking! It was more like a shake by the time we ate the cake and ice cream! We had so much fun though and were so glade that everyone was able to come up with us! I know now that when you invite people you must NOT say"You guys are more then welcome to come!"some people might take that as they are not really invited ha ha ha...thanks Carrie and Heather!
Carrie, Ashley, Dallen, Tira at cherry hills!
 We went to cherry hills twice this year both times were great! Dallen says he is done with it for a year...I could go at least five more times. I think this is the kid in me coming out! It was super fun to spend sometime with my family at cherry hill! It truly brings back so many memories of when we were all little! I wish we got to see each other more! My great grandma would want it that way (JoJo dallen says he really wants to come riding with you and mikey next time we make it down to Spring City)! Tiffany and I almost killed a little girl on the water slide. We might just be a little to old to go down together! Let me tell ya we were ZOOMING down that slide! I think all the young kids were wondering what those old ladies were doing!

The family at the Zoo
  On my birthday we took the baby to the Zoo! My sister and her boys came, My dad and Les came and so did Candice and Joel and their little boy West! I was VERY impressed by Cand...she is eight months prego walking the Zoo! There would have been no way you could have got me there! I can honestly say I love spending time with all of them! I just cant believe we are all grown up and have our own little families! I scored some cotton candy out of the deal though! Candice told me if I ran up the giraffe hill with the stroller, she would buy me some cotton candy(somethings never change)! So me....being me...never being able to back down from an offer like that...I ran that damn hill with the stroller and all! That cotton candy was the best I have ever tasted!
 Well that is pretty much our summer! We are enjoying every minute of our new little boy and all the joy and fun we have been able to share with him! Everyone that has helped to make this summer grand is great and we love you all so very much!
My sweet husband and I



1 comment:

  1. I love that last picture of you and Dallen. Way cute! Thanks for mentioning me. I feel all popular now to make your blog... hee hee. Catching that fish was worth it! Cute post.

    ReplyDelete