Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Playing catch up!!

My Beautiful little family!
Well as you all now after the crazy birth Remington spent two weeks at Primary's! That was such an emotional roller coaster ride! We learned just how much you truly can give for your child! Looking back Remington's experience in the hospital, truly helped bring Dallen and I to a whole new level in our relationship, as well as how we parent our little boy! I truly know I could not have made it through those weeks with out all the support of Dallen and our family and friends. Primary's has such an amazing sprite about it. I can honestly say I always felt at peace there and felt like one of the lucky ones that my baby was going to be able to come home. We were so thankful for all the help we received on shifts with Remi! My mom would go up every morning early to be with him. Then Dallen and I would take the day shift and at night Traci and Hugh would come up! We truly have the greatest family and friends and we feel so blessed to have you all!
Sweet little man!
  NOW Remington is home and doing EXTREMELY well he is off of the oxygen during the day and at night he is only on 1/32 of a liter. Which is barley anything above room level! We have been meeting with the early intervention therapist, her name is Sue and we LOVE her! She says Remi is doing AWESOME she thinks his muscle tone looks great! For those of you that might not know muscle tone is usually very low in Down syndrome babies but not our little guy he is a big ROCK STAR! Sue will probably be coming at least once a month until Remington is three years old! Remi has all these little exercises we do during the day to help him on his road to greatness! I have to admit I just love when we get to meet with Sue she is always so sweet with Remington! She always has so many positive things to say about my super little boy!
Little Feet!
 Other then that Remington has started laughing and smiling! I have to say it is the greatest thing in the world to hear him laugh! He has the cutest little smile it just has a way of bring up your sprite on a rough day! We have enjoyed our summer with Remington! Dallen and I have been able to take him to the zoo(which he slept through) it was a lot of fun! Remington will probably enjoy it more when he is older! Dallen could not wait to take Remington on his first trip to Cabela's! He showed him all the guns that he will someday own and of course the Remington shotgun was on that list! He has done a lot of shopping with me and does not seem to be a big fan of the mall! He cries every time we go in! I think his dad has him trained pretty well! He is sleep through that night(most) of the time and when he does wake up it is only once! I know...I am one lucky mommy!
Remington Hugh Butterfield!
  Remington has brought such an AMAZING light to our new little family! He has a long road ahead of him and I am sure he will have some rough bridges to cross! Yet I already know just has strong he is and I know he will push through! Dallen and I have made up our minds that Remington is to be treated the same as any one else. He will be raised to know there is NOTHING that he can not do. We will not let his disability become his handicap! What ever in this world that Remington wants to do he will do! We want him to live his life to the fullest! We will take the steps necessary for him to enjoy all the things this world has to offer! We know that Heavenly Father has given us this great gift and we can not wait to help him succeed!
Remington's mommy!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE how you write!!! I love this post and those adorable pictures. You guys are going to be great parents! (I love the whole gun thing with Dallen~how cute!)

    ReplyDelete